Why is payment integrity so important for people traveling into the United States?
- The cost for services (medical inflation) rises every year between 12 – 20% in the US.
- Providers in the US “cost shift” to foreign payors.
- Existing network discounts are typically applied as a discount off “gross billed charges.”
- Policing billing practices from provider “partners” within your network can strain those relationships.
- Typically PPO networks cannot effectively “clean-up” medical bills for errors and validate for accuracy.
- People who are not used to accessing the US healthcare system can find it very complex and if not assisted properly, their healthcare cost can become extremely inflated.
That is where Equian comes in – we deliver the lowest possible cost of care for inbound US visitors and expatriates, insurance carriers, third-party administrators, self-administered employers, government and travel organizations, and student groups that result in maximum healthcare cost savings.
Equian analyzes over $33 billion in healthcare charges and realizes savings of $630 million annually.